Online, July 20, 2015 (Newswire.com) - GENEVA, SWITZERLAND and WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA and PARIS, FRANCE - Jahia, leading UXP open source vendor, today announces the general availability (GA) of its new platform Digital Factory 7.1, introducing significant extension of scalability, stability and performance improvements while further refining the user experience for Authors, Developers and Administrators.
"After the introduction of Digital Factory 7.0 last year, our customers and partners showed a huge enthusiasm for the new realm of possibilities it allowed. As our flagship product every day becomes the foundation of more and more highly-critical online initiatives - underlining how crucial the infrastructure of UXP is now for operations - this year, we concentrated on further strengthening it. Hence, this new version that will really help our customers expand their online projects safely and with virtually no limit." ~ Elie Auvray, CEO of Jahia Solutions Group SA
Digital Factory 7.1 focuses on stability through additional performance enhancements in all areas:
- The fastest and most reliable "User eXperience Platform":
- Performance, stability and scalability now reach new heights with Digital Factory 7.1: browsing and editing operations are faster than ever. The new platform handles twice the load as the previous one with the same configuration, making it Jahia's fastest and most powerful Digital Factory yet.
- As an option, you can now use a Frontal search engine based on Elasticsearch to provide higher scalability without compromising access control or sacrificing publication capabilities.
- Enhanced authoring productivity:
- Digital Factory authors now leverage a new "Work In Progress" feature that saves content in creation as "drafts", preventing potential publication errors. This capability is all the more important as editorial teams are large and geographically distributed.
- In addition, authors now can publish content in all languages at once with a simple click at a site, page, section or content item level.
- Even more developer agility:
- A powerful new Rest API supporting JCR-SQL2 type of queries allows developers to create their applications faster and perform sophisticated queries. These improvements further illustrate Digital Factory's data exchange capabilities allowing, for instance, the interconnection of projects using the platform with connected objects, such as the Apple Watch.
- The new Jahia Studio accelerates development even more: solutions builders can now, for instance, save time by duplicating modules or control dependencies and downloaded sources more tightly.
- Peace of mind for architects and administrators:
- Digital Factory now supports Java 8, IBM Websphere 8.5 and JBoss Application Server 7.x and provides the additional flexibility to externalize data and configurations.
- User and Groups service redesign: administrators will now seamlessly manage their preferred authentication providers through a dedicated administration panel, further unifying the Jahia user experience across all products and services and for all audiences.
- Additional enhancements for architects and administrators include new multi-tenancy administration capabilities as well as Jahia instances chaining capabilities, allowing administrators of large Jahia deployments to orchestrate any type of instances (Digital Factory, Workspace Factory, Portal Factory, etc.).
Digital Factory 7.1 is Jahia's fastest and most powerful platform yet, and it operates current and future Jahia products:
• Workspace Factory: the document sharing solution that delights marketing teams. It is a hybrid application featuring document sharing, collaboration and social communities.
• Portal Factory: the best way to unite content and business applications together, whether they are internal or external data and apps.
• Commerce Factory: the dream solution for e-merchants. Bringing together the content management and portal features from Digital Factory and Portal Factory, Commerce Factory embeds Mogobiz - the open source ecommerce framework from Jahia's strategic partner, eBizNext. Availability: Fall 2015.
• Marketing Factory: Jahia's new comprehensive digital marketing and personalization platform designed to simplify the management and reporting of the entire customer lifecycle. Availability: Fall 2015.
Jahia is a leading open source User eXperience Platform (UXP) vendor, relentlessly working at transforming a siloed industry into a user-driven one, beyond technology constraints. Each solution provided by Jahia stems from Jahia's Digital Industrialization vision: to streamline Enterprise digital projects across all channels and truly accelerate corporate-wide deployments by bridging the IT / Marketing lifecycle gap.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, Jahia Solutions Group has its North American headquarters in Washington DC, with offices in Chicago, Toronto and throughout Europe. Jahia counts hundreds of global brands and governmental organizations among its loyal customers, in more than 20 countries across the globe. Early 2015, the company announced its first round of funding from Invus for EUR20 millions. For more information, please visit www.jahia.com.